COVID-19 Tips and Resources
During these unique pandemic circumstances, RideFinders is here to assist employers navigate business operations including telework technical assistance. However, as more businesses and organizations gradually reopen after months of sheltering in place to slow the spread of COVID-19, we’re providing safety related tips and recommendations to assist employers when communicating with employees about carpooling, vanpooling and taking transit. The tips were created and adapted using guidelines and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT), state and local recommendations.
Listen as RideFinders Account Executive, Brigitte Carter, explains how she can assist area businesses with their employee transportation needs in a safe manner including providing them with the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation’s Commuting Safely and Confidently: Tips for Businesses and Commuters in the COVID-19 Environment document.
Carpool Tips for Employers:
- Encourage participation in ridematching. Carpooling offers comparatively low potential exposure risk for the shared commute. There is limited exposure and provides a controlled environment for effective contact tracings.
- Consider organized worksite specific carpooling. Work with RideFinders to support or match carpoolers specific to your worksite.
- Prioritize carpool parking. Provide low or no-cost preferential parking that incentivizes the use of carpooling.
- Communicate with employees. Discussing and understanding your employees’ commuting concerns is key to unlocking employee sentiment on your organization’s commuter plans including carpooling options.
- Provide employees with Carpool Tips for Commuters During COVID-19.
Vanpool Tips for Employers:
- Communicate with employees. Discussing and understanding your employees’ commuting concerns is key to unlocking employee sentiment on your organization’s commuter plans including vanpooling options.
- Create alternative scheduling options for employees. In order to create physical distancing, consider creating two different schedules for vanpoolers in order to split the number of people per vehicle. Keep vanpool groups on the same shift when possible.
- Provide subsidies. Consider providing additional seat subsidies to help offset vanpool costs.
- Provide employees with Vanpool Tips for Commuters During COVID-19.
Transit Tips for Employers:
- Communicate with RideFinders. Contact us and let us know your reopening timelines and how your employees will be coming back to the workplace.
- Share informational materials and transit updates. Post flyers and send transit related information to employees to help them find the resources they need when they decide to take transit.
- Provide employees with Transit Tips for Commuters During COVID-19.
- Be flexible and understanding. Transit may operate on reduced schedules and limited vehicle capacities to allow for social distancing, employees using transit may need additional time to get to work.