Commuter Choice is a Win-Win Situation
It's good for business and the environment!
It's called Commuter Choice because it gives employees an attractive incentive by choosing transit or vanpools instead of driving to work alone. Commuter Choice refers to the Internal Revenue Code [(26 USC 132(f)] which permits employers to offer employees a tax-free benefit to commute to work by bus or vanpool. Employers select which one of the program options to implement.
Employers know that driving to work alone contributes to more traffic, air pollution, energy consumption, and lost time for employees. Traffic congestion can lead to lost productivity, road rage, unnecessary stress, waste of energy resources, and unhealthy air quality for everyone.
BENEFITS OF COMMUTER CHOICE:
- Tax Savings. Lower FICA and Federal income tax costs and reduced payroll taxes for participating employers. Employees save on federal income and payroll taxes.
- Competitive Edge. Low-cost employee morale boost and excellent recruiting and retention tool.
- Corporate Stewardship. Help reduce the number of drive alone cars on the road by promoting smart transportation choices.
RideFinders was recognized by the EPA in Washington D.C. as a Commuter Choice Initiative Champion in 2002.
Commuter Choice Offers a Program for Every Budget.
Offer your employees a smarter way to get to work with the Commuter Choice Program.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact RideFinders at 804- 643-7433 contact us online. RideFinders is prepared to assist you in setting up the Commuter Choice Program that is just right for you and your employees.
Participating Commuter Choice Organizations
Join Them Today! Contact RideFinders for more information!
- Enrichmond Foundation
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- HCA Retreat
- Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Music
- Hertz Investment Group
- Disability Determination Services
- Better Housing Coalition
- Office of the Inspector General
- Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity
- Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms
- Chippenham-Johnston Willis Hospital
- Federal Reserve Bank
- City of Richmond
- Federal Highway Administration
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Richmond
- Williams Mullen
- VCU Health System
- VCU School of Dentistry
- Virginia Department of General Services
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- House of Delegates
- Office of the Attorney General
- Senate of Virginia
- State Corporation Commission
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- Virginia Department of Taxation
- Virginia Board for People with Disabilities
- Virginia Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development
- Virginia Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services
- Virginia Worker's Compensation
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia Lottery
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Retirement System
- Virginia State Police
- Virginia Department of Elections
- Library of Virginia
- Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Business Assistance
- Hilton Garden Inn